Top food blogs

Translate

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes!
Oven Temperature: 350 Degrees
Prep. Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total: 2 hours
I have a really bad addiction to chocolate. It's gotten to the point where I cannot buy a bag and leave it in my room, because I will eat it. ALL OF IT. I have no discipline. Of course, the fact that I don't gain weight doesn't make things better. Since there are no severe consequences to eating the bag, I really don't care, and it is HORRIBLE. So, I will not buy a bag. If I am depressed, I buy a few hundred chocolate bars, and eat them all. Other than that, even my mother won't buy it. Of course, that doesn't stop me from going to school and buying chocolate from the little no-gas gas station. Sometimes, it'll make it home and in rare cases, till the next day. However, most of the time I'm throwing out the wrapper as I leave the little store. So, my addiction may be bad, but the first step to beating an addiction is admitting that you have a problem. I have a problem. I know I do. I am working on it. I have gotten better, and the best solution I have found is to bake for others. The best feeling in the world is make something and watch someone eat it. That face they make when they taste it, it's just beautiful. They look at you as if you just put the world into their hands. Their face gets this look, a look saying oh.my.god.you.are.the.best.person.in.the.whole.entire.world.and.right.now.I.just.LOVE.YOU! They finish it, and then they are just drugged with an amazing flavor that they just don't want to leave their mouth. That is what happened when I made these cupcakes. That is exactly what happened, because that look was on my face.
I love this chocolate cake recipe. It's rich, it's bitter, and it's moist. I am also obsessed with peanut butter. So imagine my excitement when I found out about Reese's peanut butter cups. Chocolate and peanut butter just put a smile on my face. THen, you have the chocolate mousse on top. Chocolate, Peanut Butter, more Chocolate, more Peanut Butter, and more Chocolate and Peanut Butter. I am in heaven, and after you make these dreadfully amazingly tasty cupcakes, you will be as well.

Ingredients:

Cupcakes
2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Boiling Coffee (or Water)
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Filling
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream PREPARED or 2/3 Cups Prepared Cream (Cool Whip)

Chocolate Mousse Frosting
1 15 oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 8 oz. Package Cool Whip
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
Milk (Optional)

Topping
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:
Begin by making the frosting. On a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Allow them to cool to room temperature. Using a mixer, whip the sweetened condensed milk with the cooled melted chocolate. You want a smooth mixture. If the chocolate isn't cooled, it will curdle with the condensed milk. Now, add the cool whip and sour cream. Whip well. Add milk if you want to thin the mousse out slightly or if you feel it is too stiff. You can always add less chocolate if you do not want it as sweet. Set in the refrigerator until needed.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 if convection). In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and beat well. Now, stir in the Boiling coffee (or water). Mix just until incorporated. The batter WILL BE THIN. I usually pour the batter into a large measuring cup in order to easily pour it into the cupcake pan. Line 2 cupcake pans with 12 liners each. Spray the top of the cupcake pan so when they rise they don't stick to the top. Now, evenly pour the batter into the 24 cups. You should have enough to fill each one 2/3's of the way. Place the pans on the center rack in the oven and set a timer for 27 minutes. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately transfer to a cooling rack until completely cool.
With a mixer, cream the peanut butter and slowly add the prepared cream. Beat well to incorporate into a Peanut Butter Cream.
After the cupcakes have cooled completely, fill them with the peanut butter cream by inserting the tip on a piping bag midway into the cupcake, squeezing, and releasing. This video is a great tutorial on how to do that. After all your cupcakes are filled, frost with the chocolate mousse frosting. I frost the cupcakes pretty generously and usually still have a little mousse left over. After you finish frosting them, you can just decorate them with a mini reese's or you can crush some to sprinkle on top as well. I did both. The mousse holds well, so they won't melt all over the place. However, these do need to be refrigerated so they don't go bad. Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment